I don’t have much of a good excuse blog world
- I have been busy
- I don’t have any followers
- I just don’t feel like working out all the time
- my social life, my relationships, they win. always.
Which is why about 8 weeks into this endeavor I have not lost a single pound.
I apparently look smaller (woot) and feel better so hope is not lost. I have at least skied 1-2x a week and played a game of volleyball. Anything to stay moving.
I think this blog has different directions it could take, maybe then i will do the tumblr thing and start looking for followers to encourage me. Right now this is my journey, I am not quite ready to share it yet or expand it.
Because $40/month for a gym hasn’t motivated me enough, I found out that gym i rarely go to is having a ‘biggest winner’ contest beginning in april. I dropped the $20 to sign up deciding if I really put my mind to it and give 6 weeks of my life to this goal, I could be very successful, even win. (and by win I mean at my local gym not the overall which is for all RAC/BAC clubs)
In 6 weeks my real goal will be to lose 20 pounds ( yup 3+ pounds a week) and true reach goal is 30 pounds. I would like to finally lose that college weight. If anything this competition is a step in the right direction. I need to compete to be motivated, that is why I choose sports over a treadmill.
Ski season is diminishing, but kickball season (which is a beer league, but I intend to avoid drinking too much) begins in a month and volleyball has begun again.
I also ‘splurged’ on a groupon for 3 (1) hour personal training sessions at my gym. Though still on the costly side of how I spend money, it was a huge discount. BF has always considered buying me sessions, maybe this is a gift he doesn’t know about yet.
Those sessions won’t be valid until April or May (fine print and loopholes) so until then I am ‘on my own’. I have my fitness blogs, rss feeds, and plenty of pins on pinterest.
On top of that, my gym has 5 area locations 3 within 15 mins of home or work, all with 3 different class studios. I took some time today to find ‘blocks’ of classes to attend. Once I am at the gym I am good to stay so if I can get there and find 2-3 classes in a row I wanna take, it will be a very successful gym day.
I should say I am not losing weight to lose weight. I look back at photos from high school when I thought I was ‘fat’ and dream about weighing that much. Since being called a whale in middle school to being my fittest when I spent 3 months on crutches, life has given me a lot of ups and downs. Now at 21 I know I ‘look good’ , I would just like to be more fit. I have health concerns I never want to live with, that is motivation enough to make a change. I have started with small changes, but I can feel a difference. Every day, every change, counts for something…here’s to a positive outlook.
and how to overcome vacation weight gain
to start, though in a complete vacation destination this trip was for work and once the real symposium began my brain knew nothing but workshops, seminars, and ideas.
Tuesday we arrived in the afternoon on a cloudy 60 degree day (while the temps at home reached below 10 degrees F)
(18) To get the lay of the land, we walked down the boardwalk.A short walk but a good way to stretch out after a long trip. I ventured around the area for a good half hour before joining friends for dinner & drinks
(19) Wednesday I had a day to explore, my co-workers and new friends were participating in a coaching clinic so I was on my own. When we arrived I saw a park near our hotel, so when I woke up that would be my first destination (after walking to the dunkin donuts for breakfast). I spent 2 hours in the park walking the trails and the beach, enjoying my first views of the Gulf of Mexico.
Before departing for the area, I took note of the touristy areas to explore. Google maps let me know I was about 2 miles away from the main hub & pier. I could take a trolley for $2 a trip, but decided I would see a lot more walking. I certainly spent a lot of time in the sun and walking along beaches and paths wednesday. In the end I probably clocked in about 6 miles on my sneakers for the day and saw almost everything the area had to offer. I then hit the pool & hottub to relax before the symposium opening cocktail party.
(20) Thursday: This day was spent inside- all day seminars until nearly dusk. I was determined to get some sun, spending my free time out by the pool & changing into workout clothes the moment I could. I used the hotel gym to get in a short cardio workout before dinner.
(21) Friday: A lot happened today but most importantly- I went SAILING yay & tried Stand Up Paddle Boarding both of which were awesome. This night also included a half hour walk from a bar to the hotel to avoid needing to locate a ride late that night.
(22) Saturday: The last day of the symposium and I had one goal not related to learning- to see the sun set… our hotel was bayside facing the east, so I trekked back to the same pier from wednesday (2 miles there and 2 miles back) to see a gorgeous sunset.
I had a great time & focused on traveling by foot as much as possible in order to stay active.
Hey blogging world
So when life gives you lemons, your blog can easily fall to the way side.
I did not completely jump ship, but I certainly had to give up a few gyms days to sort out failing car brakes, the trials and tribulations of car pools, and preparing for a trip to florida that involved a lot more work than anyone would like.
So some generic updates since my days have certainly mushed together.
On the 14th day & workout, I was off skiing again and met a great group of friends through the program.
On the 15th it was a volleyball game & a trip to the gym
16: On wednesday I wandered to my apartment gym and found out the HUnger Games had been set up to play…consequently I got comfy. I started with weights and lifting and about halfway through my second round, slammed my thumb between spring & destination resulting in a lot of pain. Still comitted to a workout and the movie, I spent an hour on the stationary bike enjoying the movie.
Then the fun began: Thursday I woke up with a sore thumb and a lot of work to do. My car had issues- surprise my brake line had completed rusted and broke. STRESS & time— no work out and that made me even more frustrated.
Friday I had to work & work with available rides…again no workout as I was out 10a-10pm =(
17: Saturday some friends came to town, we did go Bowling & out dancing which does count !
Sunday - no recollection of this day
Monday was spent packing and preparing for my trip
This was a bad week for my workouts, but a lot of car stress and panic can induce these issues. No excuses, but I cannot blame myself for needing the focus my energy elsewhere.
Workout log update- 17 workouts completed so far
workouts and dates
This routine 1x through should burn 100 calories, I did this 4 times while watching a TV show during commercials.
40 Jumping Jacks
30 sit ups
10 push ups
Saturday: Late start to the day delayed how much time I thought I would have to workout. I decided to stick to cardio-
5 mins elliptical
20 mins walking/jogging on the treadmill
10 min cool down on a stationary bike
Sunday: Again, I wound up busier than planned, because when I have no plans, bf always has a day full of ideas. I spent the day out in the woods while he participated in some clay shooting. Later I went to the gym while he was at a meeting for a longer, endurance workout.
30 minutes ellip.
15 mins bike
40 minutes walking
75 sit ups
and that brings us to workout 13
In which time I have gained 3 lbs even while watching what I eat and sticking to a diet of about 1500 calories. This discouraging fact has only pushed me to do more this week. In addition to schedule 1-2 hours a day to workout:
- drink at least 10 cups of water each day
- complete 500-1000 jumping jacks per day (outside of workout time)
- each vegetarian every other day
I am hoping these habits will kickstart my metabolism so I can start to see and feel the changes that should be associated with my actions.